Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introducing Bio-Based Solar PV Componants by BioSolar, Greener More Cost-Effective Solar


Solar, Wind, Bio, Energy News And Commentary By_Green Earl, 30 year Pioneer In Conservation & Solar Energy


For a Direct Link To BioSolar's Website Click On Title Above

Headquartered in Santa Clarita, California, BioSolar, Inc. is a pioneering technology research, development, and manufacturing company whose mission is to reduce the costs of solar cells through replacing petroleum-based cell components with bio-based plastic materials made from renewable plant sources.



With the call to “go green” increasing in intensity among corporations, businesses, government entities, and even individuals, the demand for solar electricity – produced by photovoltaic solar cells – has skyrocketed. Unfortunately, not only are traditional photovoltaic cells costly but their environmental friendliness is also inversely proportional to their widespread use. And the culprit is petroleum. The challenge with photovoltaic industry has been the high cost of solar energy compared with that of relatively cheap fossil fuel. Unfortunately it is becoming more and more difficult to further reduce the cost of photovoltaic solar cells by improving the efficiency alone. While most of the solar industry is focused on photovoltaic efficiency to reduce cost, BioSolar on the other hand, is working on reducing the cost of solar energy even further by replacing petroleum-based components with durable bio-based components.



Currently, approximately 75 percent of the typical photovoltaic solar cell consists of the actual sunlight-to-electricity converter, and the remaining 25 percent contains packaging, manufactured mostly from non-renewable materials including petroleum-based plastics. As solar panel installation is increasing by multiple millions of square feet annually, the higher demand for the petroleum-based plastics needed to manufacture the cells threatens to disqualify solar energy as a true green energy.



BioSolar is leading the way in addressing both the cost and ecology problems, and the company is the first anywhere to introduce a new dimension of cost reduction by replacing petroleum-based plastic solar cell components with durable bio-based materials.



Already, BioSolar’s first product offering has authenticated the company’s mission. The revolutionary BioBacksheet is a 100% bio-based material that forms the bottom layer of most crystalline silicon (c-Si) solar cells – a layer traditionally comprised of petroleum-based plastics. Not only do BioSolar’s BioBacksheets decrease dependency on petroleum, but they also are expected to cost substantially less than petroleum-based traditional backsheets. This savings will reduce the final cost per watt of solar electricity by allowing cell manufacturers to lower the cost of their finished product.



Beyond BioBacksheets, the BioSolar’s development vision encompasses a complete line of bio-based products, which will include BioSolar Thin Film Substrate, BioSolar Superstrate, and BioSolar Plastics to be used for injection molding in various solar panel housing and packaging components.



With the market for solar power already in explosive growth mode, BioSolar is singularly positioned to lead the development of truly sustainable and cost-effective solar technology.



In short, when it comes to solar energy, BioSolar is changing the way “green” is done.


For more information about BioSolar, visit www.biosolar.com or call CEO David Lee at (661) 251-0001.

3 comments:

Solar Power Installation said...

Great Article! Thank you very much for posted this....

American Energy Conservation Group said...

your very welcome..come back again_Green Earl

I'm posting all sorts of stuff. Smile

Blogger said...

There's a chance you qualify for a new government sponsored solar energy rebate program.
Click here to find out if you qualify now!

Like it? Why Not Share It?

Share/Bookmark